Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What I learned today!

Well, I'm not really sure where or how I'm supposed to start this thing! This is something new for me, as with everyone at some point. I've thought about how I want to use this blog... part of me thought writing a reflection of "who I've become and why" would be the right thing... then I started to think how boring that would be for anyone that doesn't know me. I thought perhaps I could blog about the daily funnies I encounter as a human. See, I teach a wide age range of kids, parent a 9-month old and an 11-year old (both girls), married my polar-opposite, and well, people just make me laugh. Like most of the world, I can't stand most of my in-laws--specifically my MIL. My life is full of uncanny, ridiculously insane, dramatic moments!

Hmmm... where to start! How about this evening? My days are somewhat unusal. I wake up before the roosters, and I get to work, again, before the rooster. I spend my day doing exactly what I'm supposed to do in hopes of not drawing any attention of adults. From there, I pick up my youngest daughter, usually while fighting with my older daughter (Ahhh! puberty stinks!). The baby and I play a little before we leave daycare. I have found out that if I take the time to play with her there, I get to play with her period! Once we get home, I'm trying to get dinner, the house, and both girls taken care of. Then my wonderful husband makes it home. I feed them all. Then try to figure out how to sit down and watch a show... there are ones I like. I even enjoy them. The problem is that I have to DVR them most of the time because as any mom knows, getting to watch a show all the way through without rewinding is a luxury. Because my husband doesn't enjoy "my" shows, he usually falls asleep, so there goes my adult conversation!

So I think I figured this thing out! About two hours ago I plugged in my iPod. Since, I cleaned the kitchen, washed bottles, cleaned the kitty litter, cleaned up the floor from the kitty litter, washed some laundry, ironed my clothes, and only listened to what I wanted to! No conversations about work--mine or his. No fussing at my oldest for having a messy room or not picking up after herself. The baby's been asleep since I turned on the iPod.

I WONDER IF I CAN DO THIS EVERY NIGHT!!! Wouldn't that be the life? LOL!

I might just have to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment