Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The busiest week ever!

I have had the most productive, busiest week ever! Somehow, my house is still a mess! Go figure! I have one week left until school starts, and I'm just wondering what I can cram into the next week. Today, I finished my first book in probably a couple of years! I have laughed so much at this book, that I went and checked out another one by the same author! I've decided that I need to work on my tan just a bit more, so I'll probably hit the grownup pool again... maybe tomorrow. A friend of mine, plus this book I just read, has encouraged me to "grow" and try new things. What's funny as I look at my list of things to accomplish, I don't see a play or poetry reading, anywhere! I want to do things like participate in a 5K charity run, update my address book, read another book for fun... these are all attainable things! I have already begun to work on the address book on my computer. I've started running, however, I'm still not a runner! But I CAN run over a mile without falling off the treadmill! I find that to be an astounding accomplishment. I figure with some practice, I should be able to participate in an October run of some sort!

I find it interesting the things that we individually hold as an accomplishment. I went to school to be an English teacher, so reading the Classics or writing poetry does NOT in anyway seem enticing to me. Learning to run well... that sounds like a challenge. Zumba class! I think that sounds like a lot of fun! I had a chance to go Monday. I had a friend lined up to join me, and she backed out at the last minute. When she asked if I was still going to go without her, I just laughed. "Are you kidding? It's one thing to be uncomfortable and try something new... I'm not going to do it alone!!" I went on to tell her how I do better when I have someone to "laugh it off" with. Laughing at myself looking like an idiot would not be as comforting if doing it in a room full of strangers by myself. I need someone there that knows me, and understands... Needless to say, there will be no Zumba this week! Maybe next Monday?

I have decided that I'm going to work on my transformation... Part of my transformation is going to let my husband teach me how to clean. I know that sounds like crazy talk. I actually am a very good cleaner. I know how to scrub and get the best out of even a crappy floor. My thing is I'm so anal about how things are cleaned, I let it get the best of me and stress me out. I figure, maybe my husband's on to something. He's not a stress-bucket during Saturday morning chores. He must have something he can share with me! :)

We'll see... I must go think about what other things I can add to my list. I'll let you know as soon as I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment